- The entire API has been reworked and now has the same structure as Leaflet.
- Many new Leaflet APIs have been added; these include useful features like GeoLocation, new methods for Map, tooltips & popups, overlays (image, video and SVG), rectangles, controls for scaling, layers and more.
- The elements have been abstracted, similar to Leaflet itself, to facilitate extensibility.
- The API only supports sending instructions to the client. Retrieving client-side data is not supported due to data security issues (client-side data can be modified by users). Event listeners can still be registered manually, and an example is available in the demo.
- All Leaflet elements are now tracked on the client and on the server, and therefore can be modified/reused (using LComponentManagementRegistry).
- Integrated default Leaflet resources
We appreciate feedback, improvement suggestions or bug reports via Github!